The Corporation E-file program provides the following:
- Electronic filing for the Louisiana corporation income and franchise tax return with the federal income tax return in a single electronic transmission.
- Electronic filing for the Louisiana corporation income and franchise tax return alone.
- Single point User Authentication by IRS.
- Ability to submit schedules and documentation as PDF attachments.
- Ability to file a Louisiana corporation income and franchise tax return for any member of a consolidated group.
- Ability to file electronically a CIFT-620, including amended return and short period returns.
- Option to direct debit if there is a balance due.
Corporation E-file Process
- Federal and state tax returns are transmitted through a secure Internet site accessible only to registered users using Extensible Markup Language (XML) technology.
- Federal and state returns are either transmitted together in a single submission or in separate submissions.
- IRS will forward Louisiana returns to LDR for processing. LDR will return acknowledgements back to IRS, where they can be picked up by transmitters.
- Each return acknowledged separately.
- Submissions and acknowledgements will be returned in XML format.