Frequently Asked Questions
I received a letter from ODR indicating that I owe a debt. Is there someone I can contact regarding this letter?
Each letter contains contact information regarding the “original owner of the debt”. Even though the debt is now officially placed with ODR, the contact information depends on the original owner of the debt. There are three categories - Tax Debt (LDR), Office of Motor Vehicles (OMV), and all others agencies.
Tax Debt (Louisiana Department of Revenue – LDR)
Questions – Due to the unique nature of tax debt, only LDR can answer tax questions. Please call the LDR Customer Service Center at: (855) 307-3893.
Payments – For your convenience, payments for tax debt that has been referred to ODR including the ODR fee can be made by either of the following methods:
- Mail-in: Payment should be made payable to the Louisiana Office of Debt Recovery and mailed to P.O. Box 3317, Baton Rouge, LA 70821, ATTN: Accounts Receivable Tax. To ensure proper credit, please print your account number on your payment. Do not mail cash.
- Website: Credit or debit card - Visa, MasterCard, Discover or American Express; Please visit http://revenue.louisiana.gov/EServices/CreditCardPayments
- In Person: You may pay in person either in the Baton Rouge office located at 617 North Third Street or in the New Orleans office located at 1450 Poydras Street Suite 800 (Next to the Mercedes-Bens Superdome)
Office of Motor Vehicles (OMV)
Payments – For your convenience, payments for OMV debt including the ODR fee can be made by either of the following methods.
- Mail-in: Money order, cashier’s check, or certified check made payable to the Office of Motor Vehicles; Send Payment to: P.O. BOX 64886, BATON ROUGE, LOUISIANA 70896-4886
- Telephone: Credit or debit card - Visa, MasterCard, Discover or American Express; Please call: (225) 925-6146 (An additional fee of $5.00 will be assessed when paying over the phone)
- In Person: Local Motor Vehicle Office – Cash, money order, cashier’s check or certified check or debit/credit card*. (* When using a credit or debit card, an additional $1.25 plus 1% of the total charge will be added to your fee.)
All Other Agencies (Not LDR or OMV)
- Mail-in: Payment should be made payable to the Louisiana Office of Debt Recovery and mailed to P.O. Box 3317, Baton Rouge, LA 70821. To ensure proper credit, please print your account number on your payment and include a copy of the letter or the payment voucher located on the letter. Do not mail cash.